This section covers the process of booking Reb or Bev to present keynote addresses or workshops at CONVENTIONS. Guidelines for booking Reb to present one of his seminars can be found by clicking on the link to the left "HOW TO BOOK REB FOR A SEMINAR"
GUIDELINES FOR CONVENTIONS
It is Reb's conviction that teachers are servants of those who engage their services. As a servant, Reb is hesitant to set firm requirements of event sponsors, yet over the years he has discovered that there are certain things needed in order to facilitate an effective time of ministry with the fewest distractions. Consequently, the following guidelines have been developed to help event sponsors understand those needs. We do not want to place an undue burden upon anyone -- it is our hope that the guidelines are understood simply as our effort to communicate a few logistical needs.
· Reb is available at least 4 weekends a month for speaking. For those booking him for their conventions, he is also available Sunday mornings to speak at churches.
COMPENSATION FOR CONVENTIONS:
· CONVENTIONS (Regional, state, or national conferences that charge Entrance Fees to participants). At a time when so many are going through financial hard times, Reb and Bev are hesitant to charge a set fee for their speaking. However, they do speak for their living so rely upon financial remuneration. Therefore, as a courtesy to the Bradleys the Governing Board of Family Ministries requests that Reb and Bev receive set honorariums at events that charge Entrance Fees to participants. For 2-3 day speaking events the Board requests a minimum honorarium of $1000 for keynote plus workshop responsibilities, and $750 for just workshop speaking. It is the same for Beverly if she travels with him. If this will pose a burden upon event sponsors, please contact Family Ministries to discuss alternatives. (Please note: The Bradleys receive no royalties from their materials, and proceeds from product sales go directly to Family Ministries, not to them.)
· LOCAL EVENTS: We ask that convention sponsors provide airfare to all events located at a distance beyond a 3-hour drive from the Bradleys' home one-hour north of Sacramento. When Reb & Bev drive to local events we request that they be reimbursed for mileage @ 56 cents p/mile. We will send an invoice giving total miles at the conclusion of the weekend.
· AIR TRAVEL: Reb travels with Beverly or an assistant, so needs airfare for two passengers.
· EXPENSES: When Reb flies, we ask that Family Ministries receive $95 to cover miscellaneous travel expenses, ie: airport parking, tips, etc.
· SCHEDULING: To ensure flight reservations do not conflict with Reb’s schedule, Family Ministries will make all travel arrangements. We will always seek to book the lowest rate available, taking into account layover durations and luggage limitations. Family Ministries will purchase all airfare and then bill for reimbursement before the event.
· GROUND TRANSPORTATION: Reb appreciates being picked up at the airport rather than being provided a rental car, but will rent a car at the airport if necessary.
· BAGGAGE: Since most airlines now charge extra for luggage, we ask that luggage reimbursement be included with airfare. Average round trip baggage fees for two people = $240. (Southwest Airlines = $0).
BOOKS AND CD SALES:
REVIEW OF EVENT COSTS:
· AIRFARE FOR TWO: Reb & Bev or one of them and an assistant
· BAGGAGE FEES: Reimbursement for two passengers = $240 (Southwest Airlines = $0).
· TRAVEL FEE: Reimbursement for miscellaneous travel expenses = $95
· SPEAKING FEE PER SPEAKER: $1000 for keynote & workshops; $750 for just workshops